Publish Power BI to web allows anyone with a web browser to view it without needing to sign in to Power BI. It can be useful for sharing information with a wider audience or embedding reports in a website or blog.
In this post, we will learn how to How to enable embed code creation in Power BI as a prerequisite to Publish Power BI to web step by step.
Publish Power BI to Web Prerequisite
In Power BI Service, If you tried to publish Power BI Report to the web for the first time.
You may get this error:
Contact your admin to enable embed code creation Power BI To publish this report on the web, ask your Power BI admin if they will allow you to create new publish to web embed codes. Once they turn that on, you will be able to publish this report to the web.
Actually, this error is usually occur because the embed Power BI dashboards and reports in Web applications is disabled by default in the Power BI Admin Portal, and to publish a Power BI report to the web you have to enable embed code creation by doing the following:
How to enable embed code creation in Power BI?
To enable embed code creation in Power BI, you have to do the following:
- As a Power BI Tenant Admin, browse this URL https://app.powerbi.com/
- Provide your email and click
submit, then provide the password.
- Click on the setting gear icon and select Admin Portal.
- From the left navigation menu, click on “Tenant Settings“.
- Scroll down to Developer settings > Embed content in Apps.
- Click Enable to allow users in the organization to embed Power BI dashboards and reports in Web applications using the “Embed for your customers” method.
- Specify which security group you need to enable this feature, or apply it to the entire organization.
- Finally, click Apply to apply your settings.
Note: you have to be aware that the Tenant settings changes will be applied within the next 15 minutes and may take more than this period.
You might also like to read This content isn’t available. Learn more about Power BI.
How to Publish Power BI to Web?
To publish a report to the web in Power BI, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open your Power BI report.
- Click on File > Embed Report > Publish to web.
- Click on “Create Embed Code“.
- Then click Publish to generate the embedded URL.
Note: It’s important to note that when you publish a report to the web in Power BI, it becomes publicly accessible, which means that anyone with the link can view it. You should be cautious about sharing sensitive or confidential information in this way.
- Copy the embedded URL and try to browse it or use it on your website as IFrame.
In conclusion, publishing Power BI reports and dashboards to the web is a great way to share your data visualizations with a wider audience. It allows people who do not have access to Power BI to view your content without needing to sign in, and it also allows you to embed your reports in websites or blogs. However, it’s important to remember that when you publish a report to the web, it becomes publicly accessible, so you should be careful about sharing sensitive or confidential information in this way.
In this post, we have learned
- How to enable embed code creation in Power BI?
- How to Publish Power BI to web step by step?